All photography provided by Jared Chambers
Innovation Ecosystems are a fundamental ingredient to drive national economic competitiveness and growth. According to research studies Innovation Ecosystems experience higher growth rates of employment, wages, business formation and patents. Innovation ecosystems are not only important to incumbent industry clusters but also the driver of entrepreneurial startups that create whole new industries.
Innovation ecosystems are industry or geographic focused collaborations of businesses, research centers, educators, entrepreneurs, investors, specialized services, government entities, associations and non-profits. These ecosystem are driven by a shared purpose in creating value for a defined market of end-users.
You are invited to be part of the National Innovation Ecosystem community.
- Receive expert advice based on deep practical experience on creating, building and operating innovation ecosystems
- Learn about best practices and breakthrough strategies and by being connected to what others are doing.
- Build relationships and formal partnerships with other innovation ecosystems and clusters that are pursuing complementary objectives.
- Tell your unique innovation story to drive internal understanding and external communications.
- Partner in government and foundation grant funding of economic development, workforce and innovation initiatives
- Participate in special events, webinars and conferences to network with innovation ecosystem leaders and practitioners.
Key questions for designing an innovation ecosystem
- What is the value proposition of our innovation ecosystem?
- How must our people and organizations learn, communicate and work together?
- Who are our customers and how will we connect to regional, national and global markets?
- Where do we obtain the ideas and needed skills and aptitudes?
- How to we accelerate new product development and business creation?
- What is needed for a supportive infrastructure?
- Who will lead us?